[Mondrian] Proposed additions to Mondrian schema syntax

Eric McDermid mcdermid at stonecreek.com
Fri Jun 19 14:31:12 EDT 2009

Yep, I'd planned on that.

One complication is that MySQL doesn't always allow it; the behavior
can be turned off by setting the sql_mode to ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY.  I'm
still looking into it, but I think I'll need to run a query as part of
the dialect initialization to figure out the value of sql_mode.

Of course, sql_mode can technically be changed while the MySQL server
is running, but in this case I think we're justified in only checking
when the dialect is first initialized.  I think it's fair to require
people to shut down their mondrian instance and restart if they want
to make that kind of change.

  -- Eric