[Mondrian] RE: Eigenbase perforce change 12887 for review

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Fri Jun 19 12:49:57 EDT 2009

By the way, we use lists of integers, maps to and from integers, maps to
doubles, all over the code, and in some performance-critical areas. Java
autoboxing makes it easy to forget that every access to these structures
involves converting a primitive type to an object, often allocating an
object for the purpose.

I've been thinking of using apache commons-primitives for these structures.
(See
http://commons.apache.org/primitives/apidocs/org/apache/commons/collections/
primitives/IntList.html for instance.) Anyone have any experience with these
classes? Is it worth the effort?

Julian