[Mondrian] [Measures] dimension is equals any other [Measures] dimension.

Alexander Korsukov akorsukov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:08:25 EDT 2009

Hello.

Right now, [Measures] dimension of one RolapCube is equals [Measures]
dimension of any another RolapCube, because RolapDimension and
DimensionBase does not override equals() method, and the base class
(OlapElementBase) compares only a name.

My fix: add method to RolapDiemnsion (or probably to DimensionBase)

    public boolean equals(Object o) {
        if (this == o) {
            return true;
        }
        if (!(o instanceof RolapDimension) || isMeasures() ||
((RolapDimension)o).isMeasures()) {
            return false;
        }

        return equals(o);
    }

Future more, if I have cube [A] with dimension [D] and cube [B] with
dimension [D] and try to check equality I will see following

RolapCubeDimension dimDofA = ...;
RolapCubeDimension dimDofB = ...;

// call boolean mondrian.olap.OlapElementBase.equals(OlapElement mdxElement)
dimDofA.equals(dimDofB) // result is true

// call boolean mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeDimension.equals(Object o)
dimDofA.equals((Object)dimDofB) // result is false

This is bug or feature by design?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Korsukov