[Mondrian] Labels above members

Shaffner Joshua joshua.shaffner at goodwill.org
Thu Oct 2 12:40:39 EDT 2008

I don¹t want this:

Something Sales | Something Sales ­ Previous Year | Something Sales ­
Percent | Whatever Sales | Whatever Sales ­ Previous | Whatever Sales ­
Percent

I want this:

| Something                       | Whatever                       |
| Sales | Previous Year | Percent | Sales |Previous Year | Percent |

This is what seems to work as a way to group up members and label them up.
Is there better way?

with
   member [Something] as Œ1¹
   member [Whatever] as Œ2¹

Select
Hierarchize(
    Union(
        Crossjoin(
            {[Something]},
            {[Measures].[Something Sales], [Measures].[Something Sales ­
Previous], [Measures].[Something Sales - Percent]}
        ),
        Crossjoin(
            {[Whatever]},
            {[Measures].[Whatever Sales], [Measures].[Whatever Sales -
Previous], [Measures].[Whatever Sales - Percent]}
        )
    )
)

<truncated>

If there is no better way, then my next step is to figure out how to put in
alias for the rest of the measures so instead of ³Something Sales ­
Previous², it displays ³Previous Year². Any pointer appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,