[Mondrian] Labels above members

Shaffner Joshua joshua.shaffner at goodwill.org
Thu Oct 2 13:39:44 EDT 2008

Phantal and haaseg in IRC suggested to use degenerate dimension. Phantal
explained further.

> what you're describing is a degenerate dimension

> You add field to your fact table for each 'type' of fact, Something, Whatever,
Stuff, Blah, etc

> Then you add a dimension to wrap that field, and the actual measures (sales
previous, sales, sales percent) are the same fields for every type of fact
according to that dimension

> That way you don't have [Something Sales], and [Whatever Sales], you just have
[Sales]

Thanks, guys

I learned that this mailing list is actually for the development of
Mondrian, not usage of Mondrian. My apologies.