[Mondrian] mondrian and oracle synonym

Wright, Jeff jeff.s.wright at truvenhealth.com
Mon Oct 24 13:43:37 EDT 2016

We've observed that the aggregate matching logic doesn't support an aggregate table accessed via a synonym. We addressed this locally by making a small change to mondrian.rolap.aggmatcher.JdbcSchema, method loadTables(). It's also necessary to make sure includeSynonyms=true is part of the Oracle connection string, when column metadata is fetched.

Checking JIRA, I see a couple open defects on the platform, but nothing specific on Mondrian.

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-7658 "Support Synonyms Across the BA Suite"
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/BISERVER-6761 "For a db connection, the wizard shows tables but not views" (basically describes the code change we made)

Is there any value in having a JIRA for synonym support more specific to Mondrian?

--jeff