[Mondrian] Slicer axis ignored in query against a VirtualCube

Manuel Aristarán manuel at jazzido.com
Wed Nov 2 18:50:00 EDT 2016

> On Nov 2, 2016, at 5:06 PM, Andy Grohe <agrohe21 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That member is probably not valid for that virtual cube.  Try SELECT Measures.members on columns, [Export Geography].members on rows from [exports]

Thanks Andy.

The member does exist, both in the `exports`, `imports` (non virtual) and `exports_and_imports` (virtual) cubes.

I also noticed that when the cubes are imported with <CubeUsage ignoreunrelateddimensions=“true” …> the following query, that wraps the measure in a ValidMeasure() function, “ignores” the slicer:

WITH
  MEMBER [Measures].[Valid FOB] AS
    'ValidMeasure([Measures].[FOB US])'
SELECT
  {
    [Measures].[Valid FOB]
  } ON 0,
  [Date].[Years].Members ON 1
FROM [exports_and_imports]
WHERE (
        [Geography].[Coquimbo]
      )

Whereas this one, that uses the imported measure directly, returns NULLs for all the cells in the result set:

SELECT
  {
    [Measures].[FOB US]
  } ON 0,