[Mondrian] Apache Kylin and mondrian

Julian Hyde julianhyde at gmail.com
Mon May 23 23:57:35 EDT 2016

Are you using Mondrian version 3 or 4? Mondrian 4 supports composite keys. Define a composite primary key for the dimension table, and include multiple columns in the ForeignKeyLink.

See http://mondrian.pentaho.com/head/documentation/schema.php#Measures <http://mondrian.pentaho.com/head/documentation/schema.php#Measures>, towards the end of the section.

Neither version of Mondrian supports left join. Can you describe what you hope would happen? If a record in the “sales" fact table has a “productId” value that doesn’t exist in the “product" table, would you expect that that fact to be counted against a “null” member of the [Product] hierarchy? Each hierarchy has a null member, but the system removes them from axes. So you’d need a user-defined “other” member.

Julian