[Mondrian] non empty cross join missing data

Pedro Alves pmgalves at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:03:53 EDT 2016


That's what we use for triage. Can you create it and link the pull request?
On May 2, 2016 18:00, "Adam Brusselback" <adambrusselback at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not create one, and didn't see one in searching for the problem, so
> i'd wager "no".
>
> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Pedro Alves <pmgalves at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a jira on this?
>> On May 2, 2016 17:09, "Adam Brusselback" <adambrusselback at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Alright, since I got no feedback, I fixed it how I thought best, and
>>> have tested it for the past week or so. No issues found so far. I submitted
>>> it back to the fork that Saiku keeps of Mondrian, but I thought i'd link to
>>> it here so you guys can get it fixed upstream.
>>>
>>> Here is the pull request:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/OSBI/mondrian/commit/3744676b7a3388d99825f427cb7e3b530ee86cbe
>>>
>>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Adam Brusselback <
>>> adambrusselback at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> So, sorry. I was a bit tired when I sent this last night. I should add
>>>> a bit more info so it's possible to look into.
>>>>
>>>> Here is the mdx for the first picture:
>>>>
>>>> WITH
>>>> SET [~COLUMNS] AS
>>>>     {[Time].[Fiscal].[Fiscal Year].Members}
>>>> SET [~ROWS] AS
>>>>     {[Direct-Indirect].[Direct-Indirect].[Direct-Indirect].Members}
>>>> SELECT
>>>> CrossJoin([~COLUMNS], {[Measures].[Net Sales]}) ON COLUMNS,
>>>> NON EMPTY [~ROWS] ON ROWS
>>>> FROM [Pinnacle - Sale]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> mdx for the second picture:
>>>>
>>>> WITH
>>>> SET [~COLUMNS] AS
>>>>     {[Time].[Fiscal].[Fiscal Year].Members}
>>>> SET [~ROWS] AS
>>>>     {[Direct-Indirect].[Direct-Indirect].[Direct-Indirect].Members}
>>>> SELECT
>>>> NON EMPTY CrossJoin([~COLUMNS], {[Measures].[Net Sales]}) ON COLUMNS,
>>>> NON EMPTY [~ROWS] ON ROWS
>>>> FROM [Pinnacle - Sale]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> mdx for the third picture:
>>>>
>>>> WITH
>>>> SET [~COLUMNS] AS
>>>>     {[Direct-Indirect].[Direct-Indirect].[Direct-Indirect].Members}
>>>> SET [~ROWS] AS
>>>>     {[Time].[Fiscal].[Fiscal Year].Members}
>>>> SELECT
>>>> NON EMPTY CrossJoin([~COLUMNS], {[Measures].[Net Sales]}) ON COLUMNS,
>>>> NON EMPTY [~ROWS] ON ROWS
>>>> FROM [Pinnacle - Sale]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I have been trying to debug this myself all today, and made a little
>>>> progress...
>>>>
>>>> My issue lies in the RolapMemberBase equals overrride.
>>>>
>>>> It doesn't take into account different keys for the same member.  So I
>>>> have a  [Time].[Fiscal].[2015] with a key of (1, 2015), and when it goes
>>>> through the RolapEvaluator.same method (called in setContext) it sees them
>>>> as the same thing and doesn't do a replace in the currentMember list when
>>>> my next member with a key of (2, 2015) comes in.
>>>>
>>>> So I am not sure where the fix really needs to go for this, if it's in
>>>> the RolapMemberBase.equals method (don't know how far reaching that could
>>>> be), or in the RolapEvaluator.same method.  I could use some direction on
>>>> this, as I do need it fixed for my own use, but would much rather do it in
>>>> a way that could be submitted back to the project.
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Adam Brusselback <
>>>> adambrusselback at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hey all, I seem to have found a bug in the non empty cross join
>>>>> optimization.
>>>>> Mondrian version: 4.3.0.1
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a data warehouse that is multi-tenant, and has a date dimension
>>>>> with different fiscal information per client (all tables segregated by a
>>>>> client_sk).  Each client has their own fiscal calendar, so it's necessary
>>>>> to separate them out like that.
>>>>>
>>>>> The issue seems to be, when  doing the cross join non empty with my
>>>>> fiscal year as a column, if the first result that comes back for that
>>>>> member is empty, even though it is for a totally different client, it will
>>>>> throw out that whole member.
>>>>>
>>>>> If the fiscal year is in the row, and another member in the column,
>>>>> the query returns as expected.
>>>>>
>>>>> I'll attach a few example query images:
>>>>> Example of why it seems to be removing the members (not first in the
>>>>> list):
>>>>> [image: Inline image 5]
>>>>>
>>>>> Here is my problem query:
>>>>> [image: Inline image 2]
>>>>>
>>>>> Here it is with the column/row flipped:
>>>>> [image: Inline image 4]
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Mondrian mailing list
>>> Mondrian at pentaho.org
>>> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Mondrian mailing list
>> Mondrian at pentaho.org
>> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mondrian mailing list
> Mondrian at pentaho.org
> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160502/0956655f/attachment-0001.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 41303 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160502/0956655f/attachment-0003.png 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 28416 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160502/0956655f/attachment-0004.png 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 23056 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160502/0956655f/attachment-0005.png 


More information about the Mondrian mailing list