[Mondrian] Publishing an olap4j release to maven central

Manuel Aristarán manuel at jazzido.com
Tue Mar 22 10:14:15 EDT 2016

> On Mar 20, 2016, at 6:19 PM, Tom Barber <tom at analytical-labs.com> wrote:
>
> Mondrian as well, no one has a clue whats going on, Mondrian 3, Mondrian 4, 60 open pull requests etc, that's not a dig at the guys in the towers, but we run our own Mondrian 4 fork mostly because stuff gets pushed up to PR and never ingested, although i'm guilty of not pushing a few tweaks back which I'll attempt to get done this week. Also there's no feedback either WRT roadmap, targets etc, the problem with Mondrian is its a complex beast and lacking developer power, and then to compound it all there are now 2 major versions of that complex beast! :)

+1 to this. Being a newcomer [1] to the Pentaho/Mondrian open source ecosystem, it took me quite a while to get used to things being spread across Sourceforce, Github, Jira, the users forum and this listserv, among other resources.

Also, having both major versions of Mondrian properly released to Maven wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,

[1] https://github.com/jazzido/mondrian-rest

—
Manuel Aristarán <manuel at jazzido.com>