[Mondrian] Fwd: Publishing an olap4j release to maven central

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Sun Mar 20 18:19:52 EDT 2016

I think both Olap4J and Mondrian could do with a better governance model,
Olap4j 2.x is sat doing nothing, Olap4j 1 does enough but there is plenty
of scope for improvement.

Mondrian as well, no one has a clue whats going on, Mondrian 3, Mondrian 4,
60 open pull requests etc, that's not a dig at the guys in the towers, but
we run our own Mondrian 4 fork mostly because stuff gets pushed up to PR
and never ingested, although i'm guilty of not pushing a few tweaks back
which I'll attempt to get done this week. Also there's no feedback either
WRT roadmap, targets etc, the problem with Mondrian is its a complex beast
and lacking developer power, and then to compound it all there are now 2
major versions of that complex beast! :)

Of course I doubt we can do much with Mondrian without say so from the
towers, but clearly we can do something about Olap4j if there is the
interest.

Tom

Director Meteorite.bi - Saiku Analytics Founder
Tel: +44(0)5603641316

(Thanks to the Saiku community we reached our Kickstart
<http://kickstarter.com/projects/2117053714/saiku-reporting-interactive-report-designer/>
goal, but you can always help by sponsoring the project
<http://www.meteorite.bi/products/saiku/sponsorship>)