[Mondrian] Role and Cube

Matt Campbell mcampbell at pentaho.com
Wed Mar 2 16:43:13 EST 2016

You wouldn’t refer to Group 2 in your Role definition, you’d have a MemberGrant that gives access=“none” to [Measures].[Measure 2].

From: <mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org<mailto:mondrian-bounces at pentaho.org>> on behalf of kevin melo <kevinmelo92 at gmail.com<mailto:kevinmelo92 at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 10:43 AM
To: Mondrian list <mondrian at pentaho.org<mailto:mondrian at pentaho.org>>
Subject: Re: [Mondrian] Role and Cube

I'm getting some problems with role in mondrian 4... In Mondrian 3 use and test and works, but i'm not getting nay result in mondrian 4.
Can you help me?

A example of my Schema:
<Schema name="My Schema">
    <Dimension name="My Dimension">
        <Attribute name="address"/>
    </Dimension>
    <Cube name="My Cube">
        <Dimension source="My Dimension"/>
        <MeasureGroups>
            <MeasureGroup name="Group 1" type="fact">
                <Measures>
                    <Measure name="Measure 1">
                </Measures>
            </MeasureGroup>
            <MeasureGroup name="Group 2" type="fact">
                <Measures>
                    <Measure name="Measure 2">
                </Measures>
            </MeasureGroup>
        <MeasureGroups>
    </Cube>
</Schema>

How will be the Role, if i want to deny the access to the MeasureGroup name="Group 2"?

You need to individually specify the measure members you want to grant or deny access to, not the whole measure group.  Another thing to keep in mind— I believe if you specify any measures as access=‘all’ or ‘none’, then any measures that aren’t explicitly referenced are assumed to be ‘none’.  So any measures you want to be accessible within a role need to have access=‘all’.