[Mondrian] Mondrian Digest, Vol 114, Issue 6

Ravi Prakash ravi.prakash.shahi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 05:56:13 EDT 2016


Hi Tom, Thanks a lot!!

Could you please point me to some good link explaining how to define
Aggregate tables at cube level, I am mostly looking for Aggregate table
with Lost dimension, I am not able to find a good sample example.

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 at 15:15 <mondrian-request at pentaho.org> wrote:

> Send Mondrian mailing list submissions to
>         mondrian at pentaho.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         mondrian-request at pentaho.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         mondrian-owner at pentaho.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Mondrian digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Aggregate Table (Ravi Prakash)
>    2. Re: Aggregate Table (Tom Barber)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:41:24 +0000
> From: Ravi Prakash <ravi.prakash.shahi at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Mondrian] Aggregate Table
> To: Mondrian developer mailing list <mondrian at pentaho.org>,
>         "mondrian-request at pentaho.org" <mondrian-request at pentaho.org>
> Message-ID:
>         <
> CAJQWdUDK31k57qS5Rpvdt-qJ02M3b4R2U2ivT3JJVbWWxkdG-g at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi All,
>
> - I am using Saiku with Mondrian Version 4
> - I am trying to make Saiku use Aggregate table
>
> 1. I have a Fact Table: *auction_fact*
> Columns
> 1. Id
> 2. Date
> 3. Hour
> 4. Name
> 5. requests
> 6. Wins
>
> 2. I have created two Aggregate Fact table, both with Lost dimension.
> What I understood from
> <
> http://mondrian.pentaho.com/documentation/aggregate_tables.php#Recognizing_default
> >
> is agg_.+_${fact_table_name} is the default template.
> I have not made any changes in *DefaultRulesSchema.xml*
>
> i. *agg_nh_**auction_fact* (With lost id, Hour)
>
> 1. Date
> 2. Hour
> 3. Name
> 4. requests
> 5. Wins
>
> ii. *agg_nh_**auction_fact* (With lost id, Hour, Name )
>
> 1. Date
> 2. Hour
> 3. requests
> 5. Wins
>
> 3. I have made below changes in mondrian.xml
>
> mondrian.rolap.aggregates.Use=true
> mondrian.rolap.aggregates.Read=true
>
> 4. I have not made any changes to the auction_cube.xml, I have not
> mentioned anything related to Aggregate tables.
>
> - I am getting below Exceptions when try to run queries
>
> at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:992)
> at mondrian.olap.Util.newInternal(Util.java:2543)
> at mondrian.olap.Util.newError(Util.java:2559)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.executeInternal(RolapConnection.java:535)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.access$000(RolapConnection.java:45)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:448)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:446)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> ... 1 more
> Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: obsolete
> at mondrian.olap.Util.deprecated(Util.java:1326)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapStar$Table.getJoinCondition(RolapStar.java:934)
> at mondrian.rolap.aggmatcher.AggGen.init(AggGen.java:245)
> at mondrian.rolap.aggmatcher.AggGen.<init>(AggGen.java:63)
> at
>
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$Batch.generateAggregateSql(FastBatchingCellReader.java:1447)
> at
>
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$Batch.loadAggregation(FastBatchingCellReader.java:1280)
> at mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$Batch.load(FastBatchingCellReader.java:1272)
> at mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader.load(FastBatchingCellReader.java:885)
> at
>
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$LoadBatchCommand.call(FastBatchingCellReader.java:999)
> at
>
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$LoadBatchCommand.call(FastBatchingCellReader.java:965)
> at
>
> mondrian.rolap.agg.SegmentCacheManager$Actor.run(SegmentCacheManager.java:957)
> ... 1 more
>
> - Do I need to make any changes, shouldn't mondrian be able to search the
> for the aggregate tables?
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160628/8a827733/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:44:16 +0100
> From: Tom Barber <tom at analytical-labs.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mondrian] Aggregate Table
> To: Mondrian developer mailing list <mondrian at pentaho.org>
> Cc: "mondrian-request at pentaho.org" <mondrian-request at pentaho.org>
> Message-ID:
>         <CAEM=
> DjPHtMhZMpLLLwMYEyj+LCv7BtSRqwjCEeJFJ0Gx-ovjWA at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Hi Ravi
>
> My understanding of aggregates in Mondrian 4 is that the autodetect has
> been removed and you need to list them explicitly in the schema.
>
> Tom
>
> --------------
>
> Director Meteorite.bi - Saiku Analytics Founder
> Tel: +44(0)5603641316
>
> (Thanks to the Saiku community we reached our Kickstart
> <
> http://kickstarter.com/projects/2117053714/saiku-reporting-interactive-report-designer/
> >
> goal, but you can always help by sponsoring the project
> <http://www.meteorite.bi/products/saiku/sponsorship>)
>
> On 28 June 2016 at 10:41, Ravi Prakash <ravi.prakash.shahi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > - I am using Saiku with Mondrian Version 4
> > - I am trying to make Saiku use Aggregate table
> >
> > 1. I have a Fact Table: *auction_fact*
> > Columns
> > 1. Id
> > 2. Date
> > 3. Hour
> > 4. Name
> > 5. requests
> > 6. Wins
> >
> > 2. I have created two Aggregate Fact table, both with Lost dimension.
> > What I understood from
> > <
> http://mondrian.pentaho.com/documentation/aggregate_tables.php#Recognizing_default
> >
> > is agg_.+_${fact_table_name} is the default template.
> > I have not made any changes in *DefaultRulesSchema.xml*
> >
> > i. *agg_nh_**auction_fact* (With lost id, Hour)
> >
> > 1. Date
> > 2. Hour
> > 3. Name
> > 4. requests
> > 5. Wins
> >
> > ii. *agg_nh_**auction_fact* (With lost id, Hour, Name )
> >
> > 1. Date
> > 2. Hour
> > 3. requests
> > 5. Wins
> >
> > 3. I have made below changes in mondrian.xml
> >
> > mondrian.rolap.aggregates.Use=true
> > mondrian.rolap.aggregates.Read=true
> >
> > 4. I have not made any changes to the auction_cube.xml, I have not
> > mentioned anything related to Aggregate tables.
> >
> > - I am getting below Exceptions when try to run queries
> >
> > at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:992)
> > at mondrian.olap.Util.newInternal(Util.java:2543)
> > at mondrian.olap.Util.newError(Util.java:2559)
> > at
> mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.executeInternal(RolapConnection.java:535)
> > at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.access$000(RolapConnection.java:45)
> > at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:448)
> > at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:446)
> > at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
> > at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
> > at
> >
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> > ... 1 more
> > Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: obsolete
> > at mondrian.olap.Util.deprecated(Util.java:1326)
> > at mondrian.rolap.RolapStar$Table.getJoinCondition(RolapStar.java:934)
> > at mondrian.rolap.aggmatcher.AggGen.init(AggGen.java:245)
> > at mondrian.rolap.aggmatcher.AggGen.<init>(AggGen.java:63)
> > at
> >
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$Batch.generateAggregateSql(FastBatchingCellReader.java:1447)
> > at
> >
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$Batch.loadAggregation(FastBatchingCellReader.java:1280)
> > at
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$Batch.load(FastBatchingCellReader.java:1272)
> > at mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader.load(FastBatchingCellReader.java:885)
> > at
> >
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$LoadBatchCommand.call(FastBatchingCellReader.java:999)
> > at
> >
> mondrian.rolap.BatchLoader$LoadBatchCommand.call(FastBatchingCellReader.java:965)
> > at
> >
> mondrian.rolap.agg.SegmentCacheManager$Actor.run(SegmentCacheManager.java:957)
> > ... 1 more
> >
> > - Do I need to make any changes, shouldn't mondrian be able to search the
> > for the aggregate tables?
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Mondrian mailing list
> > Mondrian at pentaho.org
> > http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
> >
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160628/65e9b288/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mondrian mailing list
> Mondrian at pentaho.org
> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>
>
> End of Mondrian Digest, Vol 114, Issue 6
> ****************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20160628/10f3f493/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Mondrian mailing list