[Mondrian] Level closure ignores captionColumn

Martijn van den Broek martijn at basesoft.com
Tue Jun 7 10:06:18 EDT 2016

Hi all,

In our MDX queries we use id's to select and captionColumn to display
data to the end user. This works great until we started to use closure
tables within one of our levels. It seems that the captionColumn (and
also captionExpression) don't set the member caption on the objects.

I made the following JIRA which also contains a (currently failing) test
case to reproduce the issue: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-2496

We would like to try to solve this issue if possible. I've been trying
to debug the code to see where it might go wrong. I noticed the SQL does
include the caption column, but the final member still has 'null' for
.caption. The (closure) member does have a .dataMember which has the
expected caption set. Should we modify MemberBase.getCaption() to check
if this.dataMember.caption is set, and return that instead?

Any hints resolving this issue will be appreciated.

--
Kind regards,

Martijn van den Broek
BaseSoft Solutions B.V.