[Mondrian] MySQL column aliases in Mondrian 4 view

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Wed Jan 20 13:20:11 EST 2016

Here's another one:

<Query alias="my_view">
                        <ExpressionView>
                                <SQL dialect='mysql'>
                                         <![CDATA[select f.customer_id,
f.fname, f.fname `f2` from customer f]]>
                                </SQL>
                        </ExpressionView>
                </Query>

If I try and use column f2 in a dimension I get a column not found error.
If I look in the rolapschemaloader the table is indeed missing this column
as I guess it looks up the names and ignores the alias.

I assume thats by accident rather than design? I can't see why Mondrian
wouldn't support mysql column aliases?

If it looks like a bug I'll see if I can come up with a patch.

Tom