[Mondrian] Unique Member Names for Calculated Fields in Mondrian 4

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Wed Jan 20 05:09:02 EST 2016

Hello Folks

Trying to debug a problem that has cropped up in Mondrian 4.

I have a schema that looks like this:
https://gist.github.com/buggtb/6173b6ed547e0be77ce4

And as you can see there is a calculated column that extracts the year from
a date.

The queries run, but when you use Saiku to select a member the unique name
for the Year is [Test Date].[Test Date].[1997] which fails because it
reckons is doesn't exist. That said, [Customers].[Customers].[USA] does
exist, so for normal members it is fine. Anyway, if I drop to an MDX query,
indeed:

WITH
SET [~COLUMNS] AS
    {[Customers].[Customers].[USA]}
SET [~ROWS] AS
    Hierarchize({[Test Date].[Test Date].[1997]})
SELECT
NON EMPTY CrossJoin([~COLUMNS], {[Measures].[Unit Sales]}) ON COLUMNS,
NON EMPTY [~ROWS] ON ROWS
FROM [Sales]

Doesn't work, but:

WITH
SET [~COLUMNS] AS
    {[Customers].[Customers].[USA]}
SET [~ROWS] AS
    Hierarchize({[Test Date].[Test Date].[Year].[1997]})
SELECT
NON EMPTY CrossJoin([~COLUMNS], {[Measures].[Unit Sales]}) ON COLUMNS,
NON EMPTY [~ROWS] ON ROWS
FROM [Sales]

Does. So from my point of view there is an issue with the member lookup.
Anyway, does anyone have any bright ideas as a workaround/fix?

Thanks

Tom

Director Meteorite.bi - Saiku Analytics Founder
Tel: +44(0)5603641316

(Thanks to the Saiku community we reached our Kickstart
<http://kickstarter.com/projects/2117053714/saiku-reporting-interactive-report-designer/>
goal, but you can always help by sponsoring the project
<http://www.meteorite.bi/products/saiku/sponsorship>)