[Mondrian] non empty cross join missing data

Adam Brusselback adambrusselback at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:33:07 EDT 2016

Hey all, I seem to have found a bug in the non empty cross join
optimization.
Mondrian version: 4.3.0.1

I have a data warehouse that is multi-tenant, and has a date dimension with
different fiscal information per client (all tables segregated by a
client_sk).  Each client has their own fiscal calendar, so it's necessary
to separate them out like that.

The issue seems to be, when  doing the cross join non empty with my fiscal
year as a column, if the first result that comes back for that member is
empty, even though it is for a totally different client, it will throw out
that whole member.

If the fiscal year is in the row, and another member in the column, the
query returns as expected.

I'll attach a few example query images:
Example of why it seems to be removing the members (not first in the list):
[image: Inline image 5]

Here is my problem query:
[image: Inline image 2]

Here it is with the column/row flipped: