[Mondrian] Skip the metadata lookup

Tom Barber tom at analytical-labs.com
Tue Oct 27 06:26:14 EDT 2015

Hello folks

Here's a question for you. I've been playing with some NOSQL stuff recently
and I'm interested in sitting Mondrian over a few different tools, Drill
for example would be great.

One problem though seems to be that Mondrian 4 reads the database metadata
and doesn't just trust the developer when it comes to defining the schema.
But in drill for example unless you store your table in Hive, show tables
and metadata lookup doesn't exist because whilst the table exists.. it
doesn't, but of course select x,y,z from tablex does work.

So..... in Mondrian 4, is there currently any way of bypassing the schema
validation? Or do I need to put some effort into allowing that?

Thanks

Tom