[Mondrian] Drillthrough: org.olap4j.OlapException: Cannot do DrillThrough operation on the cell

Matt Campbell mcampbell at pentaho.com
Mon Nov 16 11:46:00 EST 2015

There are a couple issues with your query-  Drillthrough should select a single cell from a cube.  You have sets of members on COLUMNS and PAGES, so the DRILLTHROUGH is incorrectly being applied to more than one cell.

I don’t think that’s the cause of your error, though--I just ran a quick test with Foodmart and was surprised to find that a Drillthrough on more than one cell doesn’t result in an error.  It appears to just silently use one of the cells involved.  Mondrian should probably give a nice error in such cases (consistent with SSAS).

Your query also uses a calculated measure, which is also not allowed for drillthrough.

I’d try changing your query to be a single cell with a base measure in context and see if that will run successfully.