[Mondrian] Except function performance

Matt Campbell mcampbell at pentaho.com
Mon Jun 15 13:26:53 EDT 2015

Except() is not handled natively.  You can try setting “mondrian.native.ExpandNonNative=true”, which will evaluate the except non-natively and attempt to include the resulting tuples in a native context.  That property is enabled by default in Pentaho biserver, but false by default in Mondrian.

Another thing that caught my eye- the ‘*’ crossjoin operator in your query is not mapped to native crossjoin (MONDRIAN-2284).  So that could also be a factor.  Try replacing the crossjoins with nested NonEmptyCrossJoin().