[Mondrian] NoneEmpty caching question

Ganong, Kenneth ken.ganong at truvenhealth.com
Fri Jan 16 14:34:12 EST 2015

I am trying to understand the significance of storing vs. not storing non-empty members in cache. The test case "testLevelMembersWithoutNonEmpty" in the NonEmptyTest.java seems to be asserting that the NON EMPTY [Customers].[Name].Members is NOT in cache while it also asserts that [Customers].[Name].Members is in cache. Could someone please help me understand the purpose of this - why NON EMPTY members should not be in cache while we expect the [Customers].[Name].Members to be in cache?

Setting the property mondrian.native.nonempty.enable=false in mondrian.properties seems to do the opposite. What does this property do with caching and NON-EMPTY?

        Ken