[Mondrian] Mondrian 4 OSGI Bundle Data Sources

Tom Barber(Alabs) tom at analytical-labs.com
Fri Jan 9 18:12:28 EST 2015

Hello fine folks in pentaho towers

There is something really weird going on with Pentaho Mondrian data
sources in 5.2.1 EE and I can't for the life of me figure out whats
happening.

Saiku calls:

connection = (OlapConnection) DriverManager.getConnection(url, username,
password);

As we have done for years for both Mondrian 3 and Mondrian 4 data
sources and the object returned is

mondrian.olap4j.FactoryJdbc41Impl$MondrianOlap4jConnectionJdbc41

we then do:

   final OlapWrapper wrapper = connection;
   OlapConnection tmpolapConnection = (OlapConnection)
wrapper.unwrap(OlapConnection.class);

If I have the Mondrian 4 OSGI bundle available if throws a
ClassCastException even for non mondrian 4 datasources.

As soon as I remove it the data sources initialize fine using Mondrian
3, even thought the object is the same.

We also use the same connection routine in Saiku Server fine with
Mondrian 4.

Anyone got any guesses?

Tom