[Mondrian] Regarding Mondrian 3..9.x WAR file on Tomcat

Matt Campbell mcampbell at pentaho.com
Thu Apr 30 08:20:55 EDT 2015

Unfortunately we haven't distributed a war file for a while.  The war file was intended as a quick start sample and had dependence on some ancient jpivot libraries, and we haven't gotten around to cleaning that up.  To get started now we typically recommend trying out the pentaho ce distribution, which allows running  over XMLA.

Regarding Excel over XMLA, that's not officially supported, but there is an active project that I've heard good things about:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlaconnect/

What is your datasource?