[Mondrian] difficulty installing demo

Matt Campbell mcampbell at pentaho.com
Mon Sep 29 08:52:50 EDT 2014

The demo .war has not been maintained well.  It used jpivot, which was a fairly clunky web interface.  If your interest is primarily evaluating Mondrian from a web client, I'd recommend downloading a client that bundles Mondrian like Pentaho Analyzer (included in the Pentaho EE trial<http://www.pentaho.com/download>), or Saiku<http://meteorite.bi/saiku/download>.

As far and the ant project--  "ant jar" will create the jar.  If you'd like to create the war file to try out XMLA, run "ant war-no-jpivot".