[Mondrian] difficulty installing demo

Jason Novotny jason.novotny at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 15:00:12 EDT 2014

Hi,

I apologize if my questions are naive, I'm new  and trying to get started.

Is this current?
http://mondrian.pentaho.com/documentation/installation.php

I followed step 1:
Download the latest binary release |mondrian-/version/.zip| from
SourceForge <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mondrian>, and unzip it.

but apparently it is a jar file and not a zip file.

Next, I tried grabbing the code from git and installing by running "ant".

Where is the mondrian.jar file? It didn't appear to get created, and so
cannot run step #2:
" |java -cp
"/mondrian/lib/mondrian.jar:/mondrian/lib/log4j.jar:/mondrian/lib/commons-logging.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-xom.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-resgen.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-properties.jar:/usr/local/mysql/mysql-connector-java-5.0.5-bin.jar"
      mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader
      -verbose -tables -data -indexes
      -jdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
      -inputFile=/mondrian/demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql
-outputJdbcURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&password=foodmart""

I'd be happy to just grab an actual binary with a WAR file since I'm
interested in evaluation at this point.

What do you suggest?

Thanks, Jason|