[Mondrian] NPE with slicers

Tiago Santos tiago.santos at cortex-intelligence.com
Wed May 28 14:50:08 EDT 2014

Greetings,

I believe I've come across to a Bug in mondrian 3.6.
If I try to crossjoin a calculated member with some Set in slicer it throws
NPE.

Here is the stacktrace for mondrian 3.6.7

        at
mondrian.olap.fun.AggregateFunDef$AggregateCalc.dimensionJoinsToBaseCube(AggregateFunDef.java:518)
        at
mondrian.olap.fun.AggregateFunDef$AggregateCalc.canOptimize(AggregateFunDef.java:494)
        at
mondrian.olap.fun.AggregateFunDef$AggregateCalc.optimizeMemberSet(AggregateFunDef.java:451)
        at
mondrian.olap.fun.AggregateFunDef$AggregateCalc.optimizeChildren(AggregateFunDef.java:356)
        at
mondrian.olap.fun.AggregateFunDef$AggregateCalc.optimizeTupleList(AggregateFunDef.java:210)
        at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.<init>(RolapResult.java:361)
        at
mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.executeInternal(RolapConnection.java:671)

The following mdx exploits the issue

WITH
MEMBER [Measures].[Dummy] AS '1'
SELECT
FROM [Sales]
WHERE CrossJoin({[Measures].[Dummy]}, {[Gender].[Gender].Members})

--
Tiago