[Mondrian] Better understanding of hierarchies without an All Member

Julian Hyde julianhyde at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:00:04 EDT 2014

On May 9, 2014, at 2:46 PM, Will Gorman <wgorman at pentaho.com> wrote:

> How would people feel if we updated the logic to skip the nonAllMembers.add(rootMembers) if there is an explicit default member specified in the hierarchy?  This approach would resolve the issue we're facing, and still allow the current behavior for implicit default members.

If nothing gets slower and no tests get broken, I don't object. Otherwise I will need to understand the change you are making a bit more. You could make a pull request and we could review that.

It's worth extending that test to deal with calculated sets specified in the query, not just in the schema.

By the way, that test case was written for http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-197. The bug wasn't completely fixed until Andreas Voss committed https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian/commit/7499ff00a8b8aa34ea14fc8a5f77703915ac9650.