[Mondrian] Better understanding of hierarchies without an All Member

Will Gorman wgorman at pentaho.com
Fri May 9 15:41:49 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

I'm working with a schema that has defined a number of hierarchies that do not have an all member.  I'm running into some areas of the code that I'm not that familiar with.  I see in RolapResult, we load all the members of hierarchies without an all member through loadSpecialMembers(), and then use those members while evaluating the slicer and axis.  Shouldn't these resolutions only care about the default member of the hierarchy?   Why are all the members at play during this portion of the algorithm?

Thanks,

Will