[Mondrian] Pure mondrian server

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 11:38:16 EDT 2014

You'll have to give us more details on what you mean by "server".

The usual way to have a shared Mondrian server is to use mondrian and
olap4j-xmla. One is the server side, the other is the client. The server is
a servlet which takes SOAP messages over HTTP, using XMLA as the protocol.

To get started, you create a servlet class which extends
MondrianXmlaServlet and you override createConnectionFactory.
Alternatively, for more control, you can override makeCatalogLocator,
makeDatasourcesUrl and makeContentFinder. For even more control, extend
DefaultXmlaServlet.

Once that's done, create a small webapp, put the servlet config parameters
in your web.xml and you'll be set on the server side.

Client side, there are plenty of snippets and demo code out there. (
https://code.google.com/p/olap4j-demo/source/browse/trunk/src/org/devdonkey/olap4j/demo/XmlaDriverConnectDemo.java
 )

Let us know if you need more help.

Luc