[Mondrian] RolapNativeSet NPE

Hilario Fernandes hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com
Thu Mar 27 08:59:26 EDT 2014

Yes Matt, i do have it enabled. These are my native setttings:

mondrian.native.crossjoin.enable=true
mondrian.native.filter.enable=true
mondrian.native.nonempty.enable=true
mondrian.native.topcount.enable=true
mondrian.native.ExpandNonNative=true
mondrian.native.EnableNativeRegexpFilter=true

I followed some indications on
http://infocenter.pentaho.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fperformance_tuning_guide%2Fconcept_mondrian_properties.htmlto
set it to true. I supposed with those i'd have the optimal
performance.

I can confirm that the error is gone when setting
 mondrian.native.ExpandNonNative=false.

Is there any major hit in performance for having it to false with large
datasets, or does any of the other options depend on this one to work?

Thank you for opening the issue, and for your attention.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Matt Campbell <mcampbell at pentaho.com>wrote:

> Hi Hilario-
> I was able to reproduce what you were seeing by setting
> ExpandNonNative=true.  Can you confirm you have that property set as well?
>  (I believe that's the default setting in biserver)
>
> I've logged MONDRIAN-1964 for the issue.
>
> -matt

> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I've tryed version 3.6.2 and 3.6.5 with the same results.
>
> Should i fill in a bug report? Under which project should i do it? I've
> opened bugs in the wrong place in the past, just want to make sure i put it
> on the right place this time!
>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Luc Boudreau <lucboudreau at gmail.com
> <mailto:lucboudreau at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Looks like a bug.
>
> Which version is this? I vaguely remember seeing this before.
>
> Luc
>

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Hilario Fernandes <
> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com<mailto:
> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com>> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm implementing a system that creates mdx queries and passes these to
> Mondrian to be executed. During my tests I have found a problem when using
> mondrian.native.crossjoin.enable=true.
>
> If I try to do a query such as this:
>
> SELECT
> NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Price_SUM]} ON COLUMNS,
> NON EMPTY CrossJoin({Filter({[Brand].[Brand].Members},
> [Brand].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '(?i).*zzzzz.*')},
> {[Fuel].[Fuel].Members}) ON ROWS
> FROM [Cars]
>

> Where we have a CrossJoin of a Filter over Brand members with the fuel
> members. The problem is that whenever the first argument of the CrossJoin
> is a filter that returns empty (no values matched) i get a
> NullPointerException from mondrian.
>

> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> mondrian.rolap.RolapNativeSet$SetEvaluator.execute(RolapNativeSet.java:186)
> at
> mondrian.olap.fun.CrossJoinFunDef$CrossJoinIterCalc.evaluateIterable(CrossJoinFunDef.java:177)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.executeAxis(RolapResult.java:875)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.evalLoad(RolapResult.java:700)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.loadMembers(RolapResult.java:656)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapResult.<init>(RolapResult.java:288)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.executeInternal(RolapConnection.java:671)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.access$000(RolapConnection.java:51)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:622)
> at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection$1.call(RolapConnection.java:621)
>

> Anyone has an idea of the problem?
>
> --
> Hilario Fernandes

> --