[Mondrian] Parent-child roll-up/drill-down limitations?

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 09:59:26 EDT 2014

Hello Lai,

After reviewing your followup on StackOverflow, I can guess that you've
worked around the problem in the end.

About the specific case, have you tried to compare your schema with the one
we use for testing? (
https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian/blob/master/demo/FoodMart.xml )

In this schema, we use a parent-child relationship to link the employees to
their boss. We can reliably ask for the sum of all the salaries of a given
employee and the total does include the salaries of all subordinates, even
though not all of the members are at the lowest level. I think you will
only need to tweak a couple columns to get it to work.

Luc