[Mondrian] RES: Course grained measure groups

Kleyson Rios kleyson.rios at saude.go.gov.br
Tue Mar 18 09:58:49 EDT 2014

Julian,

I'm having the same concern dealing with Multi-granularity.

On the book you says:

" COARSE-GRAINED MEASURE GROUPS
There’s a step between using and not using a dimension in a measure group: a
measure
group can use a dimension at a coarse granularity. Consider the Forecast
measure group, whose dimensionality is shown in table 5.2.

Dimension	Forecast
---------	--------
Time		(time_year_id, time_month_id) composite foreign key
Customer	customer_country_id foreign key
Product	product_id foreign key
"

And there are no example about physical definition for the forecast fact
table, I mean, which id from the time and product dimensions I should use to
store the rows on the forecast fact table ?

As Matt said, for the same Year/Month combination on the Time dimension I
will have many id's.

--
Kleyson Rios
Gestor de TI

Se não pode vencer pelo talento, vença pelo esforço. (Dave Weinbaum)