[Mondrian] Ready to move to maven?

Julian Hyde julianhyde at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 13:50:28 EDT 2014

On Jul 15, 2014, at 7:03 AM, Kurtis Walker <kwalker at pentaho.com> wrote:

> The changes have been merged and CI shows no change in test results.

Thanks! I think you’ll find maven is a great platform.

Some more tidying up could be done — e.g. move log4j.properties and log4j.xml into src/test/resources; use maven to generate javadoc; get rid of the much-abused “bin” directory; and (the big one) use maven to generate releases.

Could mondrian.bnd be used somewhere else? In fact could we do the OSGI stuff inside maven rather than in ant?

I’ve also logged http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-2154. It would enable mondrian to build and run the suite right out of the box, using just “mvn install”.

> FYI As the pentaho build team transitions all of our projects to maven, I expect there will be additional changes to the pom in mondrian as well.

No problem. Maven scales nicely - as people add various components to the pom, it doesn’t tend to break existing components.