[Mondrian] Microsoft Excel with Mondrian through MS OLEDB provider for analysis services driver

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 11:38:05 EST 2014

Will,

Great job guys. I love where this is going. I'm a little curious about this
change:

https://github.com/tgf/mondrian/blob/evergreen/src/main/mondrian/olap4j/MondrianOlap4jExtra.java?source=c#L232

We have been progressively removing all ordinals from the specs since the
cost to compute them is too expensive. Even MSFT is doing the same. The
replacement for ordinals is an order key. This allows the client to figure
out the ordering, if needed, while sparing the effort server-side.

What's the reason for the change? Maybe we can fix the issue some other way.

Luc