[Mondrian] Mapping user requests to mondrian MDX and SQL

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:21:47 EDT 2014

There's an easier way to track them.

In Mondrian 3.3.X, we have introduced the Mondrian monitor API.

     final Monitor monitor =

            MondrianServer.forConnection(rolapConnection)

            .getMonitor();

Through the monitor, you can get all sorts of interesting metrics, like the
MDX queries running, which SQL statements they have created, how many cells
from the cache were hits & misses, and much more. Would that be of help?

We also have a branch with JMX support, but we haven't had much traction
for that feature so it stayed on the back burner for a while now. Maybe
now's the time to resurrect it.
Luc