[Mondrian] JDK 1.5 support / JMX

Matt Campbell mcampbell at pentaho.com
Mon Sep 23 10:31:38 EDT 2013

I recently made some minor changes in my local fork to expose the
Mondrian monitoring metrics via JMX.  I expect this could be useful for
administrators trying to keep tabs on the current state of their
Mondrian instances.  The changes I made require a feature introduced in
jdk1.6, however, so we won't be able to incorporate it until we stop
supporting 1.5.

So:  how many people are still using 1.5?  What are people's opinions on
how long we should continue to support 1.5?