[Mondrian] ClassCastException w/ null members

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Sep 18 15:04:49 EDT 2013

On Sep 18, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Luc Boudreau <lucboudreau at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that we'll resolve this problem with trivial java constructs.

You might be right. However, non-trivial constructs (e.g. comparators with 'if's or virtual methods) don't perform as well as trivial constructs because CPUs like things to be simple.

Suppose that we force calc members to have the same key structure as regular members of that level, and give them a key value so that they collate last (perhaps equal to the last regular member). Could that work?