[Mondrian] Segment rollup issue

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Tue Oct 8 12:17:24 EDT 2013

On Oct 8, 2013, at 9:10 AM, Matt Campbell <mcampbell at pentaho.com> wrote:

> Thanks Luc.  I've created MONDRIAN-1729 for this.  The test below reliably causes the failure:

Just so we're clear.

A segment axis has a constraint, that defines what values could occur on the axis, and a list of actual keys on that axis.
* It is not valid for the constraint to be empty; an assert should check for that, as Luc says.
* It IS valid for the constraint to be "true", meaning that the axis is unconstrained.
* It is valid for the actual values to be empty.

And while we're at it:
* The values are all Comparable, and all of the same type.
* If one of the values from the database is SQL NULL, we don't add it to the value set, but set the 'boolean hasNull' flag.