[Mondrian] BitKey pos exceeds capacity

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:30:34 EST 2013


Hilario,

I've re-opened this bug and put it in our backlog. We'll look into it some
day, but this isn't a high priority for us. In the meanwhile, contributions
are much welcomed.

Luc


On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Hilario Fernandes <
hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:

> So... I got a reply on the bug i opened earlier (
> http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-1810), and it was closed as "not
> a bug" and advised in the comment to go to the forums...
>
> Did i open it in the wrong place?
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Hilario Fernandes <
> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:
>
>> I've made the bug report: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-1810
>>
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Hilario Fernandes <
>> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your input, i'll fill a bug report with all the information.
>>>
>>> So, you think that the schema change on the single connection used by
>>> the application might cause the problem. Maybe if i create a connection per
>>> query would help? Basically i'd be using a pool of olap connections... But
>>> I've seen somewhere that creating multiple olapconnections to wasn't the
>>> best way to go... I'll give it a try nonetheless!
>>>
>>>
>>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Julian Hyde <julianhyde at gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Can you log a jira case for this? We fixed the previous issue, and your
>>>> scenario is sufficiently different that it's probably a separate bug.
>>>>
>>>> I wonder whether the multi-threaded nature of your application is
>>>> causing this. If the list of columns in a star is changing, say because one
>>>> connection is using a star for a query while another one is building a
>>>> schema and adding columns to the same star, then that might explain it. I
>>>> don't have the solution to the bug, but hopefully these remarks would give
>>>> an engineer a clue where to look.
>>>>
>>>> Julian
>>>>
>>>> On Nov 15, 2013, at 3:43 AM, Hilario Fernandes <
>>>> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> So, i've been trying to isolate this issue and it has not been easy,
>>>> but finally i've managed to get one run where i got the erros in a log i
>>>> could use to present here. One thing to point out, this is not consistent.
>>>> The sequence of queries that gave the error might not give it if i run it
>>>> again on the same conditions with no change in the data. This is what is
>>>> making it so hard to figure what's causing it.
>>>>
>>>> The project i'm working is built uppon grails framework, there is a
>>>> service in it that holds the olapConnection to run the queries. These are
>>>> the startup parameters:
>>>>
>>>> def connectionProperties = '' << 'jdbc:mondrian:'
>>>> connectionProperties << "Jdbc="jdbc:monetdb://host:50000/database;"
>>>> connectionProperties << "JdbcUser=username;"
>>>> connectionProperties << "JdbcPassword=password;"
>>>> connectionProperties << "JdbcDrivers=nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetDriver;"
>>>> connectionProperties << "UseContentChecksum=true;"
>>>> connectionProperties << "CatalogContent=<Schema
>>>> name=\"CUBES\"></Schema>"
>>>>
>>>> Class.forName("mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jDriver")
>>>> def connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionProperties)
>>>> def olapConnection = connection.unwrap(OlapConnection.class)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> The cube schema is generated per analysis so we add it before the query
>>>> and remove it after its completed ("INFO  mondrian.MondrianBridge CURRENT
>>>> CUBES:[]" in the log indicates the cubes in the global schema at that
>>>> time). This is the code we use for that:
>>>>
>>>> RolapSchema schema = getServerSchema(olapConnection)
>>>> schema.createCube(xml)
>>>> ...
>>>> schema.removeCube(cubeId)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Query execution is done with this code:
>>>>
>>>> OlapStatement statement = olapConnection.createStatement()
>>>> statement.executeOlapQuery(query)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> As for the log, i've added it here so the email is shorter:
>>>> http://pastebin.com/Y7Z0Hi0b
>>>>
>>>> Any ideas are appreciated!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Julian Hyde <julianhyde at gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> This looks very much like http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-1047.
>>>>> Worth checking whether we have regressed.
>>>>>
>>>>> Julian
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Mondrian mailing list
>>>>> Mondrian at pentaho.org
>>>>> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Hilario Fernandes
>>>>  _______________________________________________
>>>> Mondrian mailing list
>>>> Mondrian at pentaho.org
>>>> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Mondrian mailing list
>>>> Mondrian at pentaho.org
>>>> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hilario Fernandes
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Hilario Fernandes
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Hilario Fernandes
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mondrian mailing list
> Mondrian at pentaho.org
> http://lists.pentaho.org/mailman/listinfo/mondrian
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.pentaho.org/pipermail/mondrian/attachments/20131122/5ac50417/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Mondrian mailing list