[Mondrian] BitKey pos exceeds capacity

Hilario Fernandes hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com
Fri Nov 22 11:01:23 EST 2013

So... I got a reply on the bug i opened earlier (
http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-1810), and it was closed as "not a
bug" and advised in the comment to go to the forums...

Did i open it in the wrong place?

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Hilario Fernandes <
hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:

> I've made the bug report: http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDRIAN-1810
>

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Hilario Fernandes <
> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your input, i'll fill a bug report with all the information.
>>
>> So, you think that the schema change on the single connection used by the
>> application might cause the problem. Maybe if i create a connection per
>> query would help? Basically i'd be using a pool of olap connections... But
>> I've seen somewhere that creating multiple olapconnections to wasn't the
>> best way to go... I'll give it a try nonetheless!
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Julian Hyde <julianhyde at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Can you log a jira case for this? We fixed the previous issue, and your
>>> scenario is sufficiently different that it's probably a separate bug.
>>>
>>> I wonder whether the multi-threaded nature of your application is
>>> causing this. If the list of columns in a star is changing, say because one
>>> connection is using a star for a query while another one is building a
>>> schema and adding columns to the same star, then that might explain it. I
>>> don't have the solution to the bug, but hopefully these remarks would give
>>> an engineer a clue where to look.
>>>
>>> Julian
>>>
>>> On Nov 15, 2013, at 3:43 AM, Hilario Fernandes <
>>> hilario.fernandes at cortex-intelligence.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So, i've been trying to isolate this issue and it has not been easy, but
>>> finally i've managed to get one run where i got the erros in a log i could
>>> use to present here. One thing to point out, this is not consistent. The
>>> sequence of queries that gave the error might not give it if i run it again
>>> on the same conditions with no change in the data. This is what is making
>>> it so hard to figure what's causing it.
>>>
>>> The project i'm working is built uppon grails framework, there is a
>>> service in it that holds the olapConnection to run the queries. These are
>>> the startup parameters:
>>>
>>> def connectionProperties = '' << 'jdbc:mondrian:'
>>> connectionProperties << "Jdbc="jdbc:monetdb://host:50000/database;"
>>> connectionProperties << "JdbcUser=username;"
>>> connectionProperties << "JdbcPassword=password;"
>>> connectionProperties << "JdbcDrivers=nl.cwi.monetdb.jdbc.MonetDriver;"
>>> connectionProperties << "UseContentChecksum=true;"
>>> connectionProperties << "CatalogContent=<Schema name=\"CUBES\"></Schema>"
>>>
>>> Class.forName("mondrian.olap4j.MondrianOlap4jDriver")
>>> def connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionProperties)

--
Hilario Fernandes