[Mondrian] Question regarding programmatic roles

Yim, Andrew (Truven Health) andrew.yim at truvenhealth.com
Wed Nov 20 09:32:24 EST 2013

I'm in the process of implementing programmatic roles in our adhoc reporting tool.  We're currently running Mondrian stand alone against our OLAP schema and we would like to dynamically create roles for each user.

The problem I'm having right now is with the granting of access to specific objects in the schema (schema, cubes, dimensions, hierarchies, & members).  Is there a way to convert a olap4j metadata object (Schema, Cube, Dimension, etc) back to a legacy Mondrian olap object?

The reason I ask is the grant method on the RoleImpl class only accepts the legacy Mondrian.olap.* objects.  Should I use a legacy Mondrian.olap.connection to lookup the objects that I want to grant access to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrew Yim
Software Engineer

Truven Health Analytics