[Mondrian] Deadlock issue

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sat Nov 9 18:40:28 EST 2013

It isn't critical that optimizePredicates does a perfect job. So maybe the cardinality query could time out and come back with a default cardinality, or skip predicate optimization altogether.

It's just an idea, and not very elegant -- I agree that ideally the actor thread shouldn't be executing SQL at all. But the alternative seems to be to compute cardinalities up-front, and as ever, non-laziness means potentially wasted work.

I infer that you are (a) stressing the system with a connection-pool of 1, and (b) asserting that SQL is not run from an agent thread. Great ideas. Worth running the whole suite in that mode, if you're not already.