[Mondrian] Mondrian's Master and Release Branches/Tags

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Wed May 1 19:18:47 EDT 2013

The master branch is for active development. The 3.5 branch was created
when we decided that we wanted to do a 3.5 release and forked from that
point on. All the supplemental checkins in 3.5 are cherry-picked manually
out of the ones in master.

This allows us introduce experimental feature in the main line, while
keeping stable trees in parallel for quick dot-releases. Since we do
backwards releases on multiple versions, this works better for us.

Luc