[Mondrian] Fwd: [mondrian] Convert Mondrian to use SLF4J. (#61)

Luc Boudreau lucboudreau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:24:09 EDT 2013

I don't have any particular feelings towards slf4j. A few community members
have asked for slf4j support in the past, typically in deeply embedded
systems where log4j's weird buffering model causes problems with auditing /
traceability. I don't think this would be a change for the sake of it. It
does address a few issues.

As for release timelines, it could be done for the June point release
(probably 3.7.0). We only have a few days left to prepare for 3.6.0 so the
timing isn't exactly right.

As for support, the BA server at Pentaho already bundles slf4j so we
wouldn't introduce any new dependencies in the ecosystem. I believe that it
would be safe enough.

Luc