[Mondrian] Mondrian Cache in Spoon

Brandon Jackson usbrandon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 12:37:14 EDT 2013

All of the above are good design points to remember.  Like I said, we
ran into enough issues with using the local mondrian instance in PDI
itself, to switch over and use our BI Server.  Once we had CDC's REST
API available, we could do all the things with the cache we wanted to,
even enjoy shared cache no matter how many nodes were running a PDI
transform.  It's just that last pesky problem of if absolutely
anything about the datasources.xml is off causing random query
failures in the OLAP Input step, that caused us pause.  I am still
working on getting some logs and reproduction path for that.  For now,
we do the sensible thing and make sure all definitions are complete,
all tables described in the definition exist, and all database
connections are operational.  Life happens sometimes, but perfection
works pretty well when things are perfect.

I'm not sure what the PDI developers would think about a shared
mondrian instance, especially with the case that the Mondrian Input
step is the first time 'a mondrian instance' is introduced to a schema
file.  Not sure what would happen there, but it is probably
complicated.

Brandon