[Mondrian] timezones in timedimension

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Sat Mar 23 23:10:18 EDT 2013

On Mar 23, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Oren Mazor <oren.mazor at shopify.com<mailto:oren.mazor at shopify.com>> wrote:

I already use views extensively to load my data in my schema, so I was hoping to be able to load the time dimension with a sql query that casts it somehow. not sure if this is actually possible in any meaningful way…

That was exactly my point. That kind of runtime processing kills performance. Renders all indexes & aggregates null and void. Save yourself a fortune on DB hardware. On the rare occasion that the tenant wants to change their timezone, run a quick UPDATE statement or ETL run.