[Mondrian] Hadoop summit talk

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Mon Mar 18 18:18:55 EDT 2013

I have proposed a talk for the Hadoop summit about Optiq, a query planning/mediation framework I have developed. Please vote for it!

http://hadoopsummit2013.uservoice.com/forums/196822-future-of-apache-hadoop/suggestions/3714882-let-there-be-sql-

Why is Optiq interesting to the Mondrian community? Optiq allows Mondrian to connect to NoSQL systems and fully exploit their query-processing abilities. Also, Mondrian use Optiq for query-planning. That will allow Mondrian to push more queries down to SQL, and make much smarter use of its distributed memory cache. In short, it will allow Mondrian to work better in the heterogeneous SQL / NoSQL / in-memory / multi-threaded / distributed environments that are becoming the norm for high-end analytics.