[Mondrian] Ditch commons-collections for Guava?

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Thu Mar 7 13:50:26 EST 2013

In Mondrian's code base, should we ditch Apache commons-collections for Guava?

Guava is a library of general-purpose utilities developed by Google. It is more modern than Apache commons (e.g. it supports generics). I am particularly interested in Guava's immutable lists (unlike unmodifiable lists, they cannot be changed by anyone, even the person that created them) and Guava's support for lambdas. Guava seems to have a lot of good stuff that supports/encourages a modern Java programming style.

We might be able to remove some of our other dependencies too.