[Mondrian] MonitorImpl

Julian Hyde jhyde at pentaho.com
Wed Jan 16 13:46:10 EST 2013

Curtis,

(I took the liberty of replying to the public mondrian dev list.)

I was hoping that MonitorImpl just wouldn't fail. It makes things a lot more complicated if it isn't bullet-proof. I don't know what scenario is causing the MonitorImpl to shutdown (or just crash) but the easiest thing might be to just fix it.

It wouldn't be appropriate to put a ShutdownCommand on the response queue. Requests and responses are apples and oranges; the request queue contains only requests, and the response queue contains only responses. A sub-type of request is Command; a Command generates a response (which the requestor must read from the response queue), whereas regular requests have no response.

Julian