[Mondrian] Extended drillThrough support on Cell interface

Udi Davidovich udidav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 16:55:01 EDT 2013

Hello all,

    Mondrian has an ability to include an extendedContext (data from
additional columns) in drill through result-sets,
    this functionality is available on mondrian.rolap.RolapCell.
drillThroughInternal(...) but is not exposed through
mondrian.olap.Cellinterface.

    We would like to suggest to expose this functionality through
Cellinterface to make it easily available to users.

    The new method signature can be:

        /**
         * Drills through from this cell to the underlying fact table data,
         * and returns a {@link java.sql.ResultSet} of the results.
         *
         * <p>If drill-through is not possible, returns null.
         *
         * @param extendedContext   If true, add non-constraining columns
to the
         *                          query for levels below each current
member.
         *
         * @return result set of the fact rows underlying this Cell
         *
         * @throws OlapException if a database error occurs
         */
        ResultSet drillThrough(boolean extendedContext) throws
OlapException;

    Implementation seems to be as easy as calling drillThroughInternal with
the proper value of extendedContext flag.

    Thank you, and let me know if we can help in any way.
-Udi